cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been to key west on...

Alexjdl
Guest Contributor

Has anyone been to key west on their boat? Any good pointers or advise on places to dock and stay?

7 REPLIES 7

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Yes, I've navigated the entire East coast from Nantucket to Key West, I now travel regularly from Naples, Florida to Key West. I have a home in both places.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
How big is your boat?

Japple
Guest Contributor
Just purchased a 2009 310 Sundance searay. I’m gonna pull out of Panama City beach fl. Head to Naples find a marina to sleep over and then make the last leg to key west. I am a frequent flyer to key west and have looked around at several of the Marinas. Planning on booking Stock Island marina. I’ll let you know how the trip goes.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Stay at the City Dock in Naples, fuel dock, restaurant and close to a ride if you need it. Key West is 108 miles from Naples, add 5 miles to Stock Island Village Marina. If you can cruise at 25 mph you'll get to KW in about 5 hours. Check the sea conditions at Smith Shoal Light before you leave Naples. Smith Shoal light area will kick ass if the winds are over 15/20 mph from any direction. What is your range and fuel burn? When you leave Panama City are you going to Steinhatchie? The Sea Hag is a ok marina, not much else around there. If your going to Carrabelle there is a decent marina there, but no restaurant. I live in both Naples and Key West. Let me know if I can help.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
I looked up your fuel capacity, it's 200 gallons. Take 10% off for "usable fuel" take another 10-20% off for possible rough seas. You need to be able to refuel, otherwise, you may not make it to KW.

Capt_Dana
Guest Contributor
Best Location is to stay in the Key West Bight. There are several marinas here. The best price is the city marina, but there are floating docks at A&B or Galleon. The resort at Stock Island is nice but it is not walking distance to Key West.

M___K
Guest Contributor
Stock Island Village Marina has great rates and cheapest fuel in Key West area