cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD MORNING ALL:     JUST PICK...

coffee
Guest Contributor

GOOD MORNING ALL:

JUST PICK UP A 21 SPX WITH A MERCURY 150 OB.  THE ENGINE HAS NO GAUGES ON THE DASHBOARD EXCEPT A SPEEDOMETER AND A TACHOMETER.  SHOULDN'T THERE BE A TEMPERATURE GAUGE AND WATER PRESSURE GAUGE?

5 REPLIES 5

Hagel
Guest Contributor
Did you get the digital dash? My 270 only has two gauges but has an A65 chart plotter with digital gauges. Also one of the gauges on mine has a Smart Craft LED with additional info.

IRBKEV
Guest Contributor
Unfortunately, no. I just bought the exact same boat (2017, took delivery 3 weeks ago). I added a Raymarine MFD, and also the junction box to connect the MFD to the engine. I can call up the engine gauges on the MFD.

coffee
Guest Contributor
what is an MFD?

Hagel
Guest Contributor
Multifunction Display

IRBKEV
Guest Contributor
As Hagel mentioned, it is a Multifunction Display. Some people call them Chart Plotters, but they can do much more than just the GPS maps. I bought the Raymarine a67 and had it installed by the dealer I bought the boat from (MarineMax). It has sonar (Fish Finder) and I added the "j-box" to connect to the Mercury engine. Didn't get as much from the engine connector as I hoped, but there is some data there.