cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had this problem & an...

Snickers
Guest Contributor

Has anyone had this problem & an idea where to start to solve?  I have a 2003 Sea Ray 240BR with about 280 hours on it and has only been on a fresh water lake its' entire existence.  The boat has a Merc 496HO & when at WOT throttle just under 5,000 RPM's, I loose the tach and oil pressure analog gauges; the Smart Craft System reports no malfunctions or alarms and the Smart Craft digital readouts say all is perfect/normal.  Upon restart or two the analog gauges come back to life and work like normal.  There isn't any condensation in either gauge and the connections behind them are clean and tight..  Any thoughts?  

2 REPLIES 2

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
I would think smart craft gauge problem. All gauge readouts are fed to analog gauges from BCM. To SG. Then to analog. Strange have never heard that one.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The wiring harnesses on my Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI Horizon engines used push-on slip-fit connectors for all my temperature and pressure sensors.

Those slip-fit connectors became flakey over time.

Those connectors were all snipped off and replaced w/ properly crimped-on ring tong connectors. retained w/ washers, lock washers and nuts, onto the existing sensor threaded stud posts.

All has been fine since the replacements.