cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone. I am about get...

bobashmiami
Guest Contributor
Hello everyone. I am about get my 2017 270 SDX OB. I have couple questions about this boat. 1.how is this boat in choppy waters in ocean area I.e. South Florida. 2. Can I use it for snorkeling spearfishing. 3. Do any of you go fishing if so please share stories and share pics of your set up on this boat. Thank you for the help.
7 REPLIES 7

Tom123
Guest Contributor
I am in Charlotte Harbor (SW Florida) and specifically bought my 2016 270 SDX because of the long water line. I feel very comfortable in the boat on windy days. Swimming off the boat is OK, but I find the stern ladder poorly designed. The one grab handle is to low and useless for climbing the ladder. I always throw a line over the water ski post and the other end into the water for something to grab onto as you climb out.Maybe someday they will come up with a swim step for he OB versions. Of course the OB is a step up too. I look forward to see what others do for fishing. One thing I did for Florida is install the Sirius Weather Unit. I used it on my sailboat and found it to be very accurate, especial when looking for our summer squalls.

bobashmiami
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your feedback.

Sold
Guest Contributor
Tom, I have a 2017 Sundeck 290 OB. The swim platform comes with a small swim step. We had the dealer install an additional Handle which makes getting back on easier

Tom123
Guest Contributor
Do you have a pic of the new hand rail?

KIM
Guest Contributor
Hello Tom I have a 2017 270 SDX OB same as yours in Dania Beach. I have gone from Ft Lauderdale to Haulover with 3 feet it was choppy but with no problem at all we had a fun date. 2. I have not gone fishing with it. We do a lot of water ski in Hollywood area. Have fun it is a great boat

Sold
Guest Contributor
Tom, sorry it took so long to get this pic to you

Sold
Guest Contributor
David T. Dezik Sr.