cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2015 spx 19 that has developed...

gerald
Guest Contributor

I have a 2015 spx 19 that has developed cracks in the gel coat where the swim platform meets the transum where the walk through is the crack is about 8 in long just wondering if anyone else with a spx has had this happen

4 REPLIES 4

Orca
Guest Contributor
I have a 2015 Sport 190, slightly different setup but similar boat. It did develop about a 6" long stress crack (this is what it is called in that location), that looked like a spider web, in that same place where the swim platform meets the transom. This happened during the first year of ownership, and was fixed under warranty. My recollection is that starting in 2015 all SeaRays have a 5 year warranty for things of this nature, so you should be good to take it to your dealer and have it fixed.

gerald
Guest Contributor
Dealer has the boat now for repairs did they why the crack appeared

Orca
Guest Contributor
They never gave any reason, just said it was common for these things to appear during the first year in particular, that it was surface only, and that it did not mean that more would continue to appear. Hopefully, that is true! This is the only one so far. It has, however, made us cautious about how much weight is on the swim deck (not that we were ever really overloading it). If your dealer gives you any more info about why these appear, I'd appreciate knowing.

gerald
Guest Contributor
Got the boat back from repair shop they really could not give a reason for the cracking also . Just going to keep a eye on it for the and hope they are right.