cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,Purchased our first SeaRay...

porcoparty2005
Guest Contributor

Hello,

Purchased our first SeaRay 220SDX with a porta potti.  Not new to boating but new to having a porta potti.  I couldn't find anything in the manual on how to use, treat etc so I'm looking for some help as well as any tips or fast Willy tricks of the trade.

So, first question.  What's the blue stuff that goes in it?  How does it drain, how often to drain,  will it leave an odor?  My rule as Captain will be for emergency use only and if you use it you drain it.  But for now, I really just need to learn how to prepare and make it ready for use.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
The 220SDX porta potti may either be emptied using the optional deck pump out, if equipped w/ that option, or by removing the holding tank and carrying it like a suitcase to dump into a toilet.

The blue stuff is available at any marine or camping store, to control odor.

Don't leave waste in the holding tank for an extended duration.

IMO, life is much better if the system is NOT used for solid waste.

jammjm
Guest Contributor
You may download the owners manual at http://www.searay.com/page.aspx/pageid/162289/Owners-Resources.aspx#Resources

Kevin7
Guest Contributor
If you use the deck pumpout, it's a good idea to put a little water in (1/2 gal or so) to rinse out the system after your first pumpout. Sort of like shampoo - pumpout, rinse, repeat.