cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2006 250 Amberjack.  Last...

DNSPNR
Guest Contributor

I have a 2006 250 Amberjack.  Last season, I constantly had a wet spot under the cabin step where the waste basket goes and the cabin floor was damp.  I looked everywhere; hoses, drains, fresh water tank and could not find the source.  I assumed it was rainwater leaking in from the rub rail or a topside fitting.

After six months of being shrink wrapped last winter, the same spot was still there in the spring.  I thought maybe it was water trapped in a forward part of the bilge.  When the boat went back in the water, it sat on the trailer on the ramp, bow high for about 10 minutes and nothing drained back.

Any ideas where this is coming from?

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is to first start w/ drying the wet spot.

Usage of fans, towels and a dehumidifier could help in the process.

Shut off the fresh water pump and street water (if used) during the drying process to decrease potential ingress sources. If it refuses to get dry, then empty the fresh water tank and try again.

Once the spot is dry, then sequentially test each possible source, such as turning on the fresh water pump to determine if the spot remains dry.

Then use garden hose water, starting at lower points, checking, then moving to higher points.

DNSPNR
Guest Contributor
I have done all of that. At this point, I guess my only option is to start from the beginning and try it all over again.
Thanks for the help.

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW

Too bad. If those steps were all followed, starting w/ a dry spot, then my speculation is that the leak is very slow and maybe continuous.

Try a visual examination of all the plumbing fittings. They should be bone dry.

If fittings good, then the steps might just need a longer duration before progressing to the next step to permit problem identification.