cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new SD290 with outboards...

lyle
Guest Contributor

I have a new SD290 with outboards and a Water-sports Tower On Board with a factory Bimini top.Im trying to figure out how the proper way to have my up when I'm towing a skier using the center skier bar on top of my arch. Do I need to take the whole top off? is there a position that it's set up for when towing a skier? do I just leave the top fully erecated?  

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck w/ your new boat.

https://www.searay.com/us/en/models/sdx-series/sdx-290.html

Doesn't the existing hardware permit pivoting the rear Bimini up / out of the way by collapsing the upper arm after pushing in the snap button?

barryd1307
Guest Contributor
We have the same challenge with our SDX290 OB. With the bimini top in the normal position, a tow rope will rub on the bottom side of the top. I am anxiously watching for guidance on this topic. Thanks.

lyle
Guest Contributor
add what happens when you put it on top ?

lyle
Guest Contributor
I've asked everyone at Sear Ray and Marinemax and can't get an answer.

barryd1307
Guest Contributor
I have also tried placing the tow rope on top of the bimini. This configuration places too much downward pressure on the rear portion of the frame and rubs the fabric also. I read the posting from the other comment about releasing the snap hinge on the rear frame. I recall when the snap frame is released, tension is released all the way to the front of the bimini. The top will be free to flop in the breeze. I don't think that is a solution. I am stumped. It just doesn't seem logical to have to fold up the top in order to use the tower tow point. I hope someone from the factory may be monitoring this topic. We need guidance....

wingless
Rising Contributor
Why not post images showing the tow rope in the various conditions, including with the Bimini retracted?