cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought a 2017 190 SPX.  Did anyone...

lpollard
Guest Contributor

I just bought a 2017 190 SPX.  Did anyone purchase the 3 or 5 year offered warranty?  If so, what has been your experience with the warranty? And would you recommend it to a new owner?

7 REPLIES 7

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Not sure...but boat repair is normally expensive. Reed fine print careful and follow all service recommendation

EricN
Guest Contributor
I bought a 2016 190 SPX and purchased the 5-year warranty on the engine. It turns out that both the parent company Brunswick Products, and the engine manufacturer Mercury (owned by Brunswick), EACH offer a warranty, and they don't communicate with each other. I found this both ridiculous and frustrating. Neither could tell me how their own coverage differed from the other. In any event I bought the Brunswick program b/c that's what the dealer was selling. I think it should add to the resale value of the boat, as well as protect me regarding covered issues. I'm attaching a copy of my agreement confirmation and the basic program description that was provided.

e337222
Guest Contributor
Yes for the small additional fee I felt one repair out of warranty would cover it. So far the boat has had several minor warranty issues. Drain hoses on the cup holders, cockpit cover repalced, some screw holes filled where they didn't fill a mistake from the factory. Worry free for 5 years was a no brainer.

Bridog
Guest Contributor
New Searay sport boats already come with the SURPA5S 5 year warranty on boat and engines. http://www.searay.com/page.aspx/pageid/164422/SURPA5S-Warranty.aspx

EricN
Guest Contributor
The SURPA5S warranty is the basic factory warranty. The ones we're all talking about here are the extended / supplemental warranties on the engine that cover many of the items/issues that are specifically not covered by the factory warranties.

Bridog
Guest Contributor
Correct sir. My personal experience is that most things will happen within that 5 year period. Especially on a boat with such limited systems and aftermarket accessories as a 19SPX. That said, I purchased the extended warranty on both my 260DA and 300DA and was glad I did. I just don't feel the cost is justified on a 19 footer. (If I remember correctly it was over 1k.) Sometimes peice of mind is worth it so if your ok with that, go for it. Safe boating. Brian

Bridog
Guest Contributor
I'll add those boats had a 3 year factory warranty. Not 5 like they have now.