cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2007 36 sedan bridge,...

jrsamples
Guest Contributor

I have a 2007 36 sedan bridge, I can't seem to locate the central vac unit, when we insert the hose it only runs for a second then shuts off,, I am thinking maybe the unit is full. Any ideas? Billy

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The symptom being described is frequently that the Beam vacuum uses a cylindrical stainless band around the hose inserted into the wall plate. That metal band completes the electrical circuit that detects the hose presence to start the vacuum motor.

It may be that the hose presence contacts have become loose, needing repair.

The vacuum canister should be very close to the wall plate.

Torrence_s_Tide
Guest Contributor
Lift up the stairs in the kitchen area and the unit is to the right. Check to see if the bag is full. Like “wingless” said make sure the metal band is making full contact to the unit in the guest room.

FrankieLP
Guest Contributor
Had the same issue with my vacuum, replaced the outlets, you can get a 2 pack on Amazon for about $7.

Doug17
Guest Contributor
I bet your bag is full, but... The metal band on the end of the hose (where it connects to the wall port) can get corroded and cause a bad connection. Try cleaning the band with Nevr-Dull or some other metal cleaner. And DO NOT feel around inside the wall port with AC power on! Ask me how I know... hahaha