Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a 2000460 Sundancer...

Major_Don
Guest Contributor

Just bought a 2000

460 Sundancer and the 3 electric couch/bed motors are very slow or

not working at all any help for parts or info would help. 

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck w/ your new boat.

My first guess w/ zero motion is a failed electrical connection.

On my 2000 380DA the two electric sofa motors have Faston male/female tab connections at the motor. On my boat the controller is hidden behind the DC panel in the salon.

For slow motion it may be that the cushions rubbing against each other are causing the slow motion.

Here is my mechanism w/ the cushions removed.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48666441008_a84ed3def6_c.jpg

Major_Don
Guest Contributor
Thanks for your help the sofa in the salon seams like if i have someone lift up the front , the back will start to come up. I guess it has a slow blow fuse because it will stop and then after 20 seconds you can try again and it will move alittle more

wingless
Rising Contributor
The DC motor draws maximum current when stalled, causing the breaker to pop.

The lead screw drives a plastic nut, that appears to be self lubricating, so grease probably won't help.

The cushions attach to the frame and on mine have PLENTY of adjustment range, where the vertical cushion attaches to the vertical board (board not shown in my image).

It might be possible to loosen the screws to permit shifting the cushions to improve the action. When I got my boat that system didn't work great, like your description of a two person operation, now mine works fine by just pressing the buttons with no assistance required.