cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortis Latch part needed.We're...

O_Fred
Guest Contributor

Mortis Latch part needed.

We're Archimedes II, a 2004 390 Motor Yacht.  I have a broken plastic bit on the cockpit wing port in the mortise latch.  I'm hearing that it is three months to get a replacement.  Anyone know where I can get my hands on a Perko 0706001LIC?

Cheers,

Fred

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

That part appears to be unobtainium.

The FPMarine web site has similar parts that could possibly be made to work by someone w/ sufficient carpentry skills.

https://www.fpmarine.com/searchresults.asp?Search=door+latch&Submit=

JimM1
Guest Contributor
That lock on starboard wing door broke a couple of months ago on my 2007 40 MY. I was in Knoxville, TN at the time and took it to FM George Lock & Safe. They disassembled the lock and basically recreated the broken part inside the lock. It worked great! I don’t lock these doors anymore since people can unknowingly try too hard to open a locked door and do this again.

O_Fred
Guest Contributor
I'll check out both these options and let you know how it goes.

Fair winds.

O_Fred
Guest Contributor
I couldn't find a locksmith, and FPMarine couldn't help,, but a friend of mine has a 3D printer and he printed the part after scanning the old part. It is working nicely so far

JimM1
Guest Contributor
Well bad news. my repaired lock got broken by the boat cleaning crew. Was it a big deal to scan the part and print it? Did some checking and I'm being told it's a big deal to create the "model" to print from. How did your friend scan the part?

O_Fred
Guest Contributor
Jim,
IM me.

Fred