cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Answers!!  I have a 1993 Sea...

justone
Guest Contributor

Need Answers!!  I have a 1993 Sea Ray 400 Express Cruiser and I need some answers for the refrigerator. I currently have a Norcold model# NORDE-0061R refrigerator that doesn't keep the food inside the refrigerator fresh. If I turn up the temp settings, the freezer builds up a lot of ice, and I have to constantly defrost it. I replaced the refrigerator door panel (because of the seal), but it didn't help. Any suggestions to this problem? I am also considering replacing the refrigerator with a marine unit or household unit (I have an invertor) and want to know if others had any recommendations on a new one? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Proud_Warrior
Guest Contributor
I had the same issue with my Norcold refrigerator last year. I replaced it with a Vitrifrigo stainless steel DP26001XAC. Perfect fit. Best decision we made. Runs quiet, no frost and now have a happy first mate. Beer stays very cold. Highly recommend.

justone
Guest Contributor
Thank you very much for this information. I have been researching this project for some time now, even came across this unit, but was unsure if it would fit(Larger cubic foot capacity). Now I just have to measure the door opening to my cabin, to make sure I can get it down there. Thanks again

None_yet
Guest Contributor
Dreamer

Nextchapterny
Guest Contributor
I wouldn’t recommend vitrifrigo got one a few yrs back the fan went bad replaced it and a few months later then the inverter started locking up when switching over to shore power. Orig dometic lasted 16 yrs no problems

justone
Guest Contributor
Thank you Nextchapterny, Great to hear some feedback, but I still have a problem with my freezer. I still don't know what to do???

SeaMax
Guest Contributor
Have a refrigeration person check the freon

Nextchapterny
Guest Contributor
I service refrigeration in hospitals, it’s not worth fixing if compressor is running it’ a leak if you can find a household unit that fits that’s what I would put in so much more reliable for less than half price. Unless you go on the hook a lot with no generator. I don’t know about everyone else but when I move the boat or stay on he hook generator is always on until I go back to dock and connect to shore power. If I could have found a household unit that would have fit that’s what I would have done.