cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next winter project on my list...

krobel
Guest Contributor

Next winter project on my list is fixing our horn. There's a panel over the port side bow. Does this allow access to the horn blower? Is it eaasy to replace and can I do it hanging over the bow?

9 REPLIES 9

wingless
Rising Contributor
Isn't access to the horn available from within the anchor locker?

Don't the electric horns point down into a box on the port hull side, within the anchor locker and the hull opening to the box is covered with a grill?

Please start by hanging over the bow, but only if you post an image / video of that process.

krobel
Guest Contributor
The horn is an air horn. If access to the compressor were through the anchor locker, it's a completely blind installation.

B_Smith
Guest Contributor
Here is a picture of my horns
(one has been removed) on 2008 Sundancer 38. This was taken from inside the anchor locker. One horn is a high tone and one is a low tone. I’m having a tough time finding an exact replacement set. I called Sea Ray and the gave me some Marico model numbers, but Marinco said they discontinued those models a few years ago.

Trey11
Guest Contributor
Looks like you have one horn missing. Dual horn installations usually have one high tone and one low tone. I bought exact replacements from NAPA for my boat, same size and manufacturer as originally on the boat, I believe they are made by Fiamm.

krobel
Guest Contributor
Yeah, wish I had a 2008 but alas, ours is a 1999. Definitely air horns with a compressor not electric like those in the picture.

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
My horns (2012), same location but air horns. The compressor is located behind a removable panel in the forward Stbd closet and the air line runs to the bow. I have to occasionally oil the compressor.

krobel
Guest Contributor
Found ours behind the starboard closet too. Got in underneath the closet and opened the drawer and I could get to the compressor, although not comfortably, but it was a piece of cake compared to the head blower I replaced.

Diduwanna
Guest Contributor
behind the galley cabinet over the stove top velcrowed

Pigpen
Guest Contributor
Got tired of fooling with it, mounted an electric one on the hardtop, works great