cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This question pertains to a 2012...

JD_Express_Crui
Guest Contributor

This question pertains to a 2012 Sea Ray 450 Sundancer. I just noticed that the engine hours displayed on the Onan 13.5KW diesel generator shows 326 hours while the vessel view display at the helm shows 282 hours? Could this be due to running the generator over a period of time without the engine keys on? If not how do I calibrate the vessel view to read the hours on the generator since I'm sure this count is correct. 

2 REPLIES 2

M___K
Guest Contributor
We have a 2007 40 MY with Onan Gen and Smart Craft Vessel view. I don’t have any advice on you, just sharing how ours works. So the vessel view gets its info from the Generator mother board. I know this because our control board voltage regulator function broke. When we put in the new board , the generator hours started at zero, even though it had 1,400 hours on it. The vessel view simply reads it when the engines and generator are both running. I wish I could offer more help.

JD_Express_Crui
Guest Contributor
Seems there are multiple theories on how the vessel view displays. I plan to call tech support at mercury marine and find out