cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We can't seem to figure out how...

Capt_Dana
Guest Contributor

We can't seem to figure out how to remove the faucet to repair or replace and the leak has gone from a drip to a steady stream.

I could not figure out how to upload multiple pics  this is the connection that we can't seem to get apart

Does anyone have any suggestions

?

11 REPLIES 11

wingless
Rising Contributor
The image provided has been zoomed to the area of interest and is provided.

It looks like the single / long brass hex post is retaining the faucet to the surface by squeezing the large "C" clip from the bottom.

The hot and cold hoses are screwed into the bottom of the fixture, possibly using adapters.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The system only permits a single image attached per reply. Use multiple replies to attach multiple images.

The other option is to use an image hosting site, like Flikr and provide multiple image URL links per reply.

Capt_Dana
Guest Contributor
Yes we took off the retaining clip and lifted the faucet but couldn’t get it disconnected from the hose or water line

wingless
Rising Contributor
When I examine the parts stack, this is what I see:

1. Top - Chrome faucet
2. Brass adapter
3. Brass adapter w/ female threads
4. Brass adapter w/ male threads, crimp attached to stainless braid hose fitting.

My observation is that the male / female adapter parts each have flats for a wrench.

If correct, what happens when a pair of wrenches are used to unscrew those parts?

Capt_Dana
Guest Contributor
No flats for wrenches

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks.

Too bad.

Can a better close up image please be provided?

Capt_Dana
Guest Contributor
I appreciate all your time. The only closer pic I took won’t upload because it’s too many mb

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW

When I want to crop or resize an image I use the free paint program. I find 800x600 works best.

RMS
Guest Contributor
The pic looks a lot like my kitchen cottage. You need to take off the brass nuts using a took like attached. The metal 3/4 o ring is what holds it in place and that is held by the brass nuts. Looks like you might have to remove the access panel (?) adjacent to it to be able to get at the nuts
Good luck

RMS
Guest Contributor
I marked up your drawing to show what needs to be removed yellow is brass and first. Red is the metal ring 2nd

Capt_Dana
Guest Contributor
Thank you for the help. We found where the hose ends connect to the Pex line. Marine Max was able to tell us that the hose does not disconnect from the faucet. We had to cut a much larger hole in the cabinet to be able to reach the connections. Once we did that easy peasy, removed took it to Lowes, and had help finding a perfect sized replacement. New faucet is a Moen and so repairs should be much easier next time. Now to cover the hole with an acceptable access panel.