cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a 2007 44DA.  I need to...

Simo
Guest Contributor

We have a 2007 44DA.  I need to replace the port wiper motor and the power vent in the master.  Has anyone attempted these repairs and if so, how do I access the parts?

11 REPLIES 11

wingless
Rising Contributor
Isn't there a large round push-in trim plug in the salon ceiling covering the wiper motor?

The power vent motor will be near the clam shell in the hull exterior covering the vent. The motor is hidden in a void behind the interior trim. Mine is exposed by yanking the microwave oven.

My strong suggestion is to remove every single screwed-on panel, every screwed-on cushion and appliances, then take photographs of the exposed volume. It is very helpful to know the construction of the boat.

Simo
Guest Contributor
Unfortunately, it is not that easy. I believe I may have to drop the cabinets on the port side as well as the bulkhead above them. I was hoping someone could give me some guidance.

The vent that is not working is in the master head. The intake is immediately behind the commode. It is a 3 or 3 and 1/2 inch opening. I will likely have to access it from under the sink or possibly from the salon behind the couch.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Vince

Vincent M. Simonetti
Cell: 970-366-1613
[email protected]

wingless
Rising Contributor
Yes, it looks like the port-side cabinet(s) will require removal to access the wiper motor.

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/resize/1/23/38/4832338_20141002093038524_1_XLARGE.jpg?f=/1/23/38/4832338_20141002093038524_1_XLARGE.jpg&w=924&h=693&t=1466702082000

My suggestion is to utilize painter's tape to mark the relative positions of cabinet parts prior to disassembly. On mine the cabinets are screwed together by the factory. There are not hard stops for replacing the parts in the identical location.

It looks like removing the port aft salon cabinet is required to access the port wiper motor, but I cannot tell what is above the cabinets on that side.

It wouldn't hurt to contact Sea Ray to request assembly documentation for the boat. I have a large package for my boat that has been very helpful.

Simo
Guest Contributor
That's what it looks like to me as well. What number do you use to call Sea Ray?

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Do you have a copy of this 44DA manual? I'm not sure you are getting the right advise. Also contact Sea Ray at the below number as well. http://www.searay.com/boat_graphics/electronic_brochure/company1729/1c1_24_74deipr9tm4.pdf
SEA RAY CSR
(865) 540-2057

Simo
Guest Contributor
Captain Rick,

Thanks for sending the link to the parts manual. Very helpful. Also, the CSR number will come in handy.

Best regards,

Vincent M. Simonetti
Cell: 970-366-1613
[email protected]

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Simo...I doubt very seriously if you have to remove cabinets to get to the wiper motor or exhaust fan. They are behind an access panel somewhere. You will find Sea Ray CSR very helpful.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
We have a 2010 390 and had to replace the wiper motors. Our port wiper motor can be accessed by opening the swing down TV. There is a panel that once removed, you can get good access to the port wiper motor. The starboard was slightly harder as it can be accessed by what looks like a speaker cover. Carefully prying the cover off gives you access but you have to work through that 8" hole in the ceiling. I would suggest replacing both as I did one and 3 months later had to do the other. Once you have one off, contact the manufacturer on the motor and you can save some significant money. They sell the complete assembly for a reasonable sum.

Bear1281
Guest Contributor
Simo, new to this forum but I'm facing the same port wiper motor repair on my '07 44 DA. Wondering if you ever discovered the access point? Thanks!

Simo
Guest Contributor
The port wiper was blowing a breaker. I determined it was because the shaft was frozen in the casing that surrounds it. I was able to free it up using a little persuasion and a lot of liquid wrench and WD40. I then lubricated it so it quit blowing the breaker. You might try that. Now I run the wipers every time I wash the boat just to exercise the shaft.

Bear1281
Guest Contributor
Thanks Simo, my wiper motor is also blowing the breaker. I can hear the motor trying to turn the shaft so I'll try the same fix. Appreciate the quick reply!