cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have the Hurley H2O...

SummR_R_Time
Guest Contributor

Does anyone have the Hurley H2O Davit System with the 10” Extension Mount, on a 36” Depth Swim Platform (380, 400, 410).  I’m trying to figure out if I will have a decent  6” or so to step through between the Dinghy and Transom ?    I have the 380 with Highfield 310 at  5’7 width and 10’2 Length.   

Also,  how do you find these Davits for lifting 200 lbs worth of Dinghy and Motor ?   I was thinking I would try a pulley system to help pull it up onboard.

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

On my 2000 380DA the initial dinghy configuration was the Weaver snap davit, 15hp outboard removed into the transom locker, then dinghy arced up to rest on the locker.

Lifting the dinghy was a two person operation, or I used a small ¼" block and tackle attached to the port grab rail for a one person operation.

The Hurley web page shows a woman doing that operation solo, but the company should be able to provide insight on your question.

https://hurleymarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hurley-Davit-1.jpg

My prior and current dinghy always permitted cockpit access to the port side transom door. The "issue" was always limited to access during docking and casting off, requiring additional planning and effort.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4550/27060914709_fffdedb819_c.jpg

Stuframp
Guest Contributor
I have a H2O on my 2004 Sundancer 320 with 36" swim grid. I have 8" extension and it does take up the entire grid. We can walk behind it on the transom ledge. I have a Highfield 290 with 9.9 outboard. It is hard to haul out by 2 people, so I rigged up a system using a come along. it was tough to find a suitable mounting point so I ended up attaching it to a line strung between short wooden posts placed in the rod holder mounts. Works well and I can easily haul the dinghy out by myself. However, I might have bought a H3O if I had known the boat was going to need a system to help when hauling out. I can make a short video the system I set up if helpful.

SummR_R_Time
Guest Contributor
Thanks Stuframp, Not sure what you mean by walking Behind it on the Transom Ledge. is this the second, higher level deck thats on some of the older SeaRays? Mine is one single
Platform 36 “ with the Transom locker right there . Im thinking this won’t give me space to step through. This is a pic from a Sistership. What do you think ?

Stuframp
Guest Contributor
My older Searay has a six inch ledge in front of the stern locker in addition to the 36' swim grid. My highfield is the same width as yours and comes right up to the side of the ledge on the davit using up all the swim grid space. I mounted the H20 bracket as close to the edge as I could. I think I got the 8" extension but might be just the 6". Either way cannot see you getting more than 4" of walking room between the transom and dinghy. To be sure I would check with Hurley.

wingless
Rising Contributor
One key element is to maintain sufficient port side room for cockpit access.

Another is strength and structural integrity.

The main issue is that the swim platform has insufficient fore / aft length to hold the width of a dinghy (Highfield 310) w/o it creating a big cantilever load off the back of the swim platform.

https://www.highfieldboats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/CL310-4-1024x576.jpg

The Weaver Snap Davits I initially used when I had a Zodiac permitted the dinghy to arc up against the transom, leaving plenty of port access for egress.

Any of those dinghy chocks (H2O / H3O) will permit sufficient access assuming the dinghy bow faces the port side.

SummR_R_Time
Guest Contributor
Ok, I thought that’s what you meant. Thanks for the feedback. I’m hoping they will be at the Toronto Boat Show in Jan. Ill be checking out the Davit Systems there.
Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.