cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how the Vessel...

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor

Does anyone know how the Vessel View7 gets its speed input? I somehow lost my speed data and can't figure where it comes from. 2010 310 Sundancer.

3 REPLIES 3

DMorris
Guest Contributor
I had a 2015 310 sundancer (Bravo3 with Axius) and initially the speed data came from the Bravo3 pitot tube that would get blocked up after a month or so in the water. After one trip to the mechanic for winter layup it suddenly worked without issue afterwards so I assuming they told the computer to look at GPS data instead . You might wish to try and send mercruiser an email and see if you can set the source.

PJS
Guest Contributor
For the model year it most likely is a paddle wheel located in a transducer through hull. They are not very accurate and, if you live in an area where there is a lot of marine growth, it can be impacted by the growth. I now get my speed from a GPS unit tied to a MFD. Apparently, there is a way to remove the transducer while in the water and clean the wheel. I can barely reach my transducer much less pull it out and plug the through hull so am not in a position to do that...

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the replies. It turns out that it does get the input from the Pitot in the drives. I'm currently trying to change the source to the GPS but my version of the Vessel View is difficult to navigate. I'll send Mercruiser an email an see if they can direct me as to how to change the source.