cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My owners manuel for the head on...

Attackbeagle
Guest Contributor

My owners manuel for the head on my 2007 340 Sundancer says to put laundry detergent into the head on occasion. Has the thought process changed since 2007. I currently us an additive call OdorLess.

8 REPLIES 8

BryanOnTheBay
Guest Contributor
I use a mixture of cheap detergent and Calgon. That seems to work well.

greatscott
Guest Contributor
dawn works great .shut system off put dawn in and flush till it puts water in bowl cleans out everything

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
Why? I use a waste treatment for the purpose of breaking down waste but what purpose does laundry detergent do?

TitanTn
Guest Contributor
I 2nd the calgon and cheap detergent. I've done this for years with great success. Calgon water softener makes it so nothing stays in the hoses and tank. Everything is extremely slick. When managed properly, holding tanks have very little odor. Add just a little cheap detergent to take care of the rest of the remaining odor and you allow the waste to break down naturally and your system stays very clean.

JRT
Guest Contributor
I put a small cup of Tide in mine on my 300DA about every 6 weeks and use the Odorlos liquid to treat the waste. The Tide powder is alleged to clean the hoses and duck bill valves and has worked well for mine for years. Good Luck!

JRT
Guest Contributor
Just to clarify, I run extra water in the bowl, then mix it with the toilet brush, cleaning the bowl before I flush it down. I don't flush it down dry, I'm sure that would make a mess. I just didn't want to mislead anyone.

chameleon
Guest Contributor
I'm not sure what the previous owner did, but I had to replace my '07 340 Sundancers line in '16. It was a major PITA, but I haven't had odors since (or pump turning on intermittently due to loss of vacuum), after having had issues for years. Rub your waste hose on the uturn in the bilge with a rag and smell it. Mine was cracking and stinking every time someone flushed, and replacing the line completely changed my boat after years of issues.

Attackbeagle
Guest Contributor
MIne does not smell. I was just wondering about the owners manual stating to use laundry detergent. Since you have a 07 340, have you had to re-caulk the two portholes that are above the forward berth. I have been getting some water leaking in and noticed the caulk around those portholes was cracked and missing in places. I used a marine grade silicone. I hope that works. We have really enjoyed the 07 340! We are taking it up the river to 3 or 4 Univ. of Tennessee football games for the Vol Navy!!!!