cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced the cockpit speakers on...

Summer_Sled
Guest Contributor

Replaced the cockpit speakers on my 2001 380 Sundancer last season.  The replacement went fine, but the sound coming out of the starboard speakers is weak at best, even with the volume turned all the way up.  Cabin speakers are fine.  Does anyone know the wiring schematic from the head unit back to the speakers.  

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
My 2000 380DA was built w/ one external Clarion Amp and no set of entryway speaker mute switches.

On later years, probably your 2001 380DA Searay, changed to two external amplifiers and added the entryway speaker mute switches.

The line-level audio output from the stereo is wired to the amplifier(s).

On my 2000 the single external amplifier is in the compartment concealed by the screwed-on vertical cushion under the Salon circuit panel. There is plenty of room in that compartment so the pair of amps are probably located there.

The output from the amps is connected to the speakers using home speaker wiring, un-tinned copper in a clear amber insulator.

Summer_Sled
Guest Contributor
Thank you for the input. Put the boat in the water on Friday. All went real well, but had another problem with the radio. It turns on, then within 20 seconds the speakers cut out and I get a message saying "amp guard" I think I have to just start chasing wires to see what's going on.