cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo remote not working 2013...

Bobbyh
Guest Contributor

Stereo remote not working 2013 Sundancer 330. The Sony RM-X60M Stereo remote on cockpit helm wasn't working - couldn't adjust volume or stations - it did have a faint display but no other functions. I recently replaced the unit and still have to functions - just the display. What am I missing? There were two wires coming from the master unit - same connections as the unit I replaced. Directions stated when finished making the connections press the reset button on the master unit. I did that twice - still no functionality at the remote, just the display. Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

2 REPLIES 2

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor
I had the same problem with the Sony system on my 2010 Sundancer 310. Sony does not make the RM-X60M (or any remote) any more. There is a universal one on Amazon that looks like the Sony original, but I don't know if it is compatible. So, for about $400, I swapped out my Sony stereo and two remotes for the Garmin Fusion MS-RA210 and two Garmin MS-ARX70B remotes. The remotes are wireless (Bluetooth). I kept the existing JL 600 Watt amp and JL speakers. It was an easy swap, and it sounds great. BTW, one of my Sony Remotes was in a hole drilled in the helm. I took it out and covered the hole with a Weems & Plath clock. Looks very professional!

Capt__Jim
Guest Contributor
My boat also came with the Sony system. I had the same problem with the remote. Had a Fusion system installed and it works great.