cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone here familiar with the...

31for2
Guest Contributor

Is anyone here familiar with the SeaRay 2017 Sundancer 280 SLX TV and audio system?

I ask because there is a switch in the galley cabinet near the bed that allows you to switch audio from TV to "neutral" to Stereo. When I switch to Stereo, it works and you can hear the stereo both outside and down in the galley. When I switch to the center rocker position, it correctly turns the audio off from the galley speakers. When I switch to TV, it does nothing. The expected result should be that the TV plays don't the speakers in the galley.

What I've tried:

• I checked and confirmed that the RCA audio-out connectors are properly connected to the back of the TV. 
  • The TV audio works, but only on the TV built-in speakers (which provide poor quality audio). 
  • I've checked the TV menu options for anything that might indicate that you have to enable audio out, but nothing exists. You can turn off the built-in speaker, which I've tried, but that is it.
  • I've also tried changing the stereo "source" options to pretty much everything, including RCA input, which you would think should be it.

Thank you,

John

3 REPLIES 3

31for2
Guest Contributor
The TV is a Jensen JE1914DVDC. https://www.manualslib.com/products/Jensen-Je1914dvdc-4092683.html

Starforce1
Guest Contributor
I have a 2017 280 Sundancer and it operates as you described, however I don't know if you should hear the tv on the audio speakers in the galley. I onl hear it from the tv speaker.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The three "old school" tools I always use when diagnosing audio issues as-described by the OP are a set of powered / amplified desktop computer speakers, a set of regular / unpowered speakers and a hand-held CD player w/ RCA outputs.

In this case I would connect the RCA input on the powered speakers to the TV RCA output to determine under what conditions the TV squirts out sound.

The CD player would be connected to the boat's TV RCA input to confirm that path works properly.