cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 SDX270 OB ‘Beach Music’ Quick...

Beach_Music
Guest Contributor

2019 SDX270 OB ‘Beach Music’

Quick anchor windlass was working great, wife was reading us in and didn’t see the knot forming in the rode, jammed in the gypsy, by the time she called me from putting up the stern anchor the windlass was not working.

Wiring diagram from the manual shows an in line fuse as well as hydraulic magnetic breaker. Trying to locate these, any help?

I only have the board control not any of the other features 

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

An examination of the on line manual did not reveal anything helpful.

It may be that the fuse is intact and the windlass is just jammed. Why not use a DC voltage meter to determine if the windlass gets voltage when commanded by the switch.

If so, then a two person operation may correct the problem. One person pulling the jammed rode out of the windlass while the other activates the switch to deploy more rode.

Note that the DC motor draws maximum current when stalled, so short burst would be better for not blowing the fuse.

If no joy, then using something to gain a mechanical advantage in this effort might be required. For example, effecting several wraps of the rode around a 2x4 not far from the wedged end will have a huge force multiplier when pushing on the far end.

On the plus side, there is enough evidence to permit blaming the problem on the wife...

rsg
Guest Contributor
Fuse may be located in anchore locker. Might be yellow or red stem which needs to be reset or may be located in engine compartment up against the interior wall. May be a red button which needs to be pushed in. Good luck.

Beach_Music
Guest Contributor
Wingless and rsg thanks for the quick response.

I actually found the hydrostatic breaker in the battery locker in the right side wall. I’ll try to take a picture and post with the thread

Beach_Music
Guest Contributor
Wingless, btw no blame attached, she wasn’t looking at it because she was concerned / looking at me and the stern anchor. 😨

I worked the knotted rode out of the Gypsy with a large pair of channel locks, worked great.

Spent a terrific Labor Day out on the ICW.

If Sea Ray monitors these boards a helpful thing would be a boat specific wiring schematic with locations of things like breakers 🤔