cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had a custom mattress made...

old_timer
Guest Contributor

Anyone had a custom mattress made to alleviate a bumpy bed?

5 REPLIES 5

Slow_Ride
Guest Contributor
Handcraft Mattress Company (HMC)
800-241-7751 (California). But your best bet is to go to your local boat shows and try them on for size first, and then have them come to your boat and do the template for you. Be prepared for a major cashectomy!!

old_timer
Guest Contributor
Thanks “slow ride” I just got a quote from Yachtbedding for a custom 3” mattress topper and sheets for $1100.

Sent from Gbt

Scottvmonroe
Guest Contributor
Years ago these guys made us a custom. THey were extremely cheap and very high quality. They can make pretty much whatever you need. They can copy any mattress design on the market. We loved our mattress on our 44DA. Just got a Sundancer 460 and about to place a new order.
http://www.comfortcustombedding.com/marinemattresses.html

old_timer
Guest Contributor
Scott Monroe. Thanks, found a local canvass/upholstery fabricator that I am working with. I am supplying pattern , and they will supply 4” foam mattress. Next piece of puzzle is fitted sheets.

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
Depends on what you want. We ordered an inexpensive 3” $100.00 memory foam
Mattress topper from Walmart (or anywhere). Made a template with heavy paper,of the OEM mattress (terrible btw) cut the memory foam mattress to fit, threw on top of OEM, covered with a sheet. Done! Memory foam cuts like butter with a sharp carving knife. Check YouTube.
I’ve never met a OEM mattress worth a plugged nickel and that goes for $$$$million yachts.
BTW, easy to roll up and out of the way if you have to access under the bed.