cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer NO SERVICE

B_Smith
Guest Contributor

In the past Sea Ray’s customer support has been fantastic. I have a 2008 Sundancer 38 and have alway been able to call and get a part number so I could order a replacement.  Yesterday I called Sea Ray’s customer support number at (386) 439-3401 and they wouldn’t help.  Instead I was referred to a new number (865) 971-6250.  When I called that number the guy who answer refused to help and told me that I had a legacy boat (older than 10 years) and I needed to look it up on a website.  When I asked to speak to his supervisor.  He said there wasn’t one available and I would get a call back.  I told him you don’t even have my name and number and he hung up.  I called back and spoke to a woman who gave me the same story about being a legacy boat, but she offered to do a research request and said I would get an email in 48 to 72 hours with the answer.  I received an email right away saying “We researched it for you—legacy boat—go find it yourself or call the dealer”.  I am so disappointed in Sea Ray.

1 REPLY 1

wingless
Rising Contributor

The real question is why are you using such an old boat...

Doesn't the parts manual for your 380DA have the required info?

The story indicates Sea Ray has moved on from boats that are not new. Fortunately there are good (and bad) people / companies that will service boats like yours. (Mine is a 2000 380DA and I have always performed all service / repairs / upgrades myself.)

In one way it makes sense. Should Sea Ray decide to service all model years, then the quantity of trained technicians would need to be significantly higher. Also the expectations are high for factory-authorized service, so the training for earlier models significantly increases the effort to satisfy the customers.