cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious if anyone has had this...

Waveland_-_Go_C
Guest Contributor

Curious if anyone has had this issue:  I have a 2019 290 SDX and every once in while when I shift from neutral to drive it doesn't engage correctly.  The boat will move forward very slowly, even if I put the throttle all the way down.  The only way to correct it is go back to neutral and try to reengage, sometimes even shut off and restart.  The other day someone else was driving as I dealt with something and they flooded the engine during this process.  We had to wait about 20 minutes before i could get started again.  Once engaged it works fine.  

Still under warranty so I can call the dealer but always like to have an idea of what it might be before having them come down to me as the dealer isn't nearby; especially if it's something that I can't easily replicate.  Appreciate any thoughts.

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Assuming this boat has the outdrives, not outboard, it sounds like a shift cable adjustment.

Probably a very good idea to resolve the problem quickly, to avoid degrading parts from partial engagement.

Waveland_-_Go_C
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the response