cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi- We have a 340 and I wondered...

TINA1
Guest Contributor

Hi- We have a 340 and I wondered if there is some way to make a secure compartment on the boat.   We had some things in the cabin go missing last season and I'd like to resolve it.   Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
I have often found the best security is out of sight, out of mind. Most people that are crooked enough to get on someone else's boat to take something that doesn't belong to them are looking for quick and easy. They are not typically popping open every hatch just to see what is there. Locked compartments tend to lead to more damage, just because they want to know what is worth locking up.

TINA1
Guest Contributor
Thank you. Yes the things taken were out in the open. I also agree that a locked compartment would attract unwanted attention.

SamFisher
Guest Contributor
I have a 2015 350 Sundancer...agree about the lock...but I am going to have a hidden compartment put in for an emergency credit card + cash etc....I was also thinking about an empty butter box in the fridge...

Seabuz
Guest Contributor
I had some people get on my boat too very unnerving to finding cigarette butts. I installed a battery powered alarm on the front dash pointing into the cockpit. It arms and dis arms with a clicker. It makes nose and flashes light. Haven’t had any problems since installing it. I got it off the internet.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Something else that a lot of the boats in my marina have is a hidden ring camera that sends notifications to their phones when motion is detected. They connect them to the marina wifi.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Secure the cabin door locksmith can key code door lock to different cut key Searay only made 7 keys and they can all be bought from any dealer or online to open ur cabin door change the lock

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
I did after they got in mine

Wolfman
Guest Contributor
I purchased a small safe which fits in the cabin. I bolted that safe down to a secure place inside the cabin and keep our valuables inside of it.

MrB18
Guest Contributor
I don't know about the 340 but my 300 has several hidden compartments that hold safety equipment and cushions that we use for hiding places from the Grand Kids and any roving eyes, so much so we have sometimes forgot about them and find things we put away.

TINA1
Guest Contributor
Thank you all for some excellent suggestions- they are all worthy and I will borrow your ideas!