cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2000 38ft sundancer. has...

Peppy
Guest Contributor

I have a 2000 38ft sundancer. has anyone repaired he sliding door tracks to the cabin? My door is hard to close and not pulling the other psrt of the door shut all the way? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The real question is why has your door remained working for so long without repair?

The repair is "easy". Please remember that those curved panel doors are made from Unobtainium, so use extreme care to not damage them, especially while removed.

The common issues are track crud, followed by truck(s) failure.

For the track crud, what has worked best for me on decades of ownership of my 2000 380DA is to flush them clean w/ plenty of garden hose water. I do that each time I wash the boat. I also vacuum the track when vacuuming the salon.

When the trucks fail there are two sizes of trucks used on this boat, 23mm and 25mm. They also sell a 31mm, but those are not used on this boat.

https://www.fpmarine.com/Sliding-door-track-rollers-p/door%20truck%20a%2023mm.htm

https://www.fpmarine.com/Sliding-door-track-rollers-p/door%20truck%20b%2025mm.htm

Replace failed trucks w/ identical size parts.

The panel between the door and the windshield is retained w/ Christmas tree fasteners and must be popped off for the service.

When I am doing this service part of the process is to remove the tracks. When I replace I squirt sealant into the holes.

Robbiemac
Guest Contributor
I had a similar problem and simply greased the tracks and wheels to solve it.

Peppy
Guest Contributor
thank you for your advice. I'll give it a try

Shark
Guest Contributor
If you use a grease on the tracks it will attract dirt and be worse off.

Peppy
Guest Contributor
thank you for your input. I have to Change the tracls and allm of the wheels wish me luck. I'll start it when the weather gets alittle warmer, no heat in the building.
I'm going to try and film it maybe it will help someone do it later.