cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Sea Ray 400 Sedan Bridge. ...

walt_faulconer
Guest Contributor

I have a Sea Ray 400 Sedan Bridge.  What's the proper way to remove the sliding glass door off the tracks?  It doesn't appear obvious.  I need to replace the bar across the door and get to the screws.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Has the universal sliding door removal process been tried? (Center the door in the tracks, lift up to maximum height, then pull out bottom to clear lower tracks.)

If so, what were the results?

Note that sometimes the track rollers might need to be manually retracted to provide sufficient clearance.

walt_faulconer
Guest Contributor
Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. I'm thinking I may have to unscrew and remove the black track filler on the top to allow that to work?

wingless
Rising Contributor
It makes HUGE sense that there would be a secondary retention method on a boat, so it doesn't flop out from movement while underway.

Pgeee
Guest Contributor
My po did this. I don’t know what he did but he did say it was a total pita to do . I can’t even get the flyscreen out as that needs work . Sometimes the wheels on sliding doors can be adjusted from either end with a Phillips screwdriver, to retract them into the door frame thereby permitting the up and out method , as the wheels then don’t foul the track. Not sure if this works on searay doors .

walt_faulconer
Guest Contributor
Thanks! I figured it out. I removed the 5 Phillips screws holding the plastic track filler at the top. Once that is out then the door can be lifted off the track. I was able to put the door bar back on and then put the door back on the tracks after cleaning everything while I had it out. It was simple in the end.

Pgeee
Guest Contributor
thanks for the detail, i'll save this for when I have to do it. glad to hear my fears were unfounded