cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Manifolds for my 2003...

Fast_Eddie1
Guest Contributor

Looking for Manifolds for my 2003 340Sundancer with twin 8.1L Horizon Fresh Water cooled V Drives any tips for best price?

5 REPLIES 5

ernie2
Guest Contributor
I use http://www.boats.net for a lot of parts. They have great parts diagrams and listings.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The company I would recommend w/o hesitation for Mercruiser parts is http://www.bammarine.com/

This is a great company w/ terrific people.

Their web site make it easy to locate and select the required parts.

On my boat, I redesigned my exhaust system from having salt water in that expensive cast iron 24/7/365, to now flushing w/ fresh water, then salt away, then draining bone dry until the next usage. Those obscenely expensive cast iron parts will now last much longer.

340_Sundancer
Guest Contributor
I did my 2004 340 Sundancer 8.1's myself. I bought parts at ebay. I mis-read the information on the part numbers and bought the standard elbows. My 340 needs the tall elbows(no risers), so I had to buy those. Now I have standard rise elbows that I can't return.
So....If you know anybody that can use them, they are brand new! Don't make my mistake when buying your parts.
I replaced everything with new, including the temp sensors. If you've not done the job before, there will be some instructions and references that do not match the Maintenance Manual. New style installation uses head bolts, not studs with nuts, same with the elbows. The torque may not be listed in the manual.
I also installed a freshwater flush system that includes a connection to the Gen & A/C pump. I can flush my engines, Gen, & A/C cooling water circuit without opening the hatch. I do as Wingless after each running: fresh water, then SaltAway.

Fast_Eddie1
Guest Contributor
Wingless, how did you do the freshwater flush?

CKboater
Guest Contributor
After market brands are a lot cheaper but I know no one that gets the longevity out of them. Stay with Mercruiser parts and bite the bullet