cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to gain a little knowledge...

jrvanvon
Guest Contributor

Looking to gain a little knowledge about the System Monitor on my 2002 320 Sundancer. I  am getting an Aft Bilge Alarm read out on the LED with no sound. Is this telling me the bilge is running or is it telling me there is an issue with it? When I turn it on manually I can hear the aft bilge run and the bilge is dry. Any insight is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
The system monitor will provide a graphic or alpha numerical display (depending on the type) of all monitored systems.

For normal conditions, like a bilge pump running, the visual indicator is provided.

For abnormal faults, like high bilge level or low oil pressure, there is also an audible alarm.

Doesn't your model have three bilge pumps in the engine room, forward, aft and high level (aft)?

The signal to the system monitor for the forward and aft bilge pumps is the same signal that illuminates the dash rocker switch. When the system monitor indicates the aft bilge pump running is the corresponding rocker indicator illuminated?

SeaMax
Guest Contributor
I would suggest you start by flushing the discharge line. Use your high pressure dock water and holding a nozzle gun over the discharge port on the side of you boat, flush the line for a minute or so with the pump switch in the off position. This wil do two things - clean any debris from the line and the strainer on the pump, and will put a little water in the bilge so you can test to see if the pump will actually pump water out.