cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose of engine power

steve
Guest Contributor
I own a 2011 SeaRay 270 SLX with teh Mercruiser 350, problems started after running up on plane and then backed down to idle speed, engine stopped and would not restart. Would turn over but not start, towed back to dock, mechanic checks boat the next day and it starts and find no stored trouble codes in smart system. Next trip out same problem, except engine did restart after sittting 30 min. Again no store trouble codes, we replaced the fuel pump (which contains the fuel cooling) also the water pump. Thninking engine was vapor locking. Next trip all is good.... the following trip running 3000rpm "System Failure" on smart gauge boat loses power but continues to run, power back up to 2500 rpm boat will run anything over that and engine faults but powers right back up as long as i stay under 2500 rpm. I live is Cape Coral FL air temp is mid 90 and water temps are warm but engine temp never over 170, Any ideas on what is going on? Smart sytem is not storing trouble codes.
1 REPLY 1

JWR
Guest Contributor
had the same problem on my 8.1. Fresh water intake had a piece of caulking in it, diver found it. On high rpm it would restrict the amount of water coming in and the alarm would come on. hope this helps. let me know! [email protected]