cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On 2016 370 DA the aluminum pole...

MV_Second_Wind
Guest Contributor

On 2016 370 DA the aluminum pole that supports the cockpit teak table gets stuck in the base every time. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I shouldn’t have to remove the base everytime to hammer out the tube.

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
It should be a taper snug fit.

Mine pops out when wiggling back and forth while lifting.

It may be that there is a burr on one of the tapers. Try feeling (carefully) to determine if something is amiss.

The best way to attain a good fit is using polishing compound while rotating the parts against each other.

Another way is to carefully use emery paper or sand paper on the taper connections, only is a burr is felt, to remove the burr.

PJS
Guest Contributor
Wingless, good suggestion. Also try using some butchers wax or a bee wax. Rub in, let dry buff off. super slick surface. I use it on commercial woodworking equipment and it provides a slick surface.

Catfive
Guest Contributor
Aluminum polish the base of the pole. Polish the inside holder with a drill or fingertip. Make it as smooth as you can. Grit will hold it better than anything. More than likely the pole has been slightly altered from being round and is snug anyway. I personally would sand the inserted portion of that pole to take some material off it mine was sticking. Im not saying you need to, but I would try vaseline on that thing. Pounding it out sounds wrong.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Updating prior reply...

What I wanted to suggest was rotating w/ lapping compound (not polishing compound).

Sorry for the error.

Alumofcu
Guest Contributor
I have a 500. Same issue so thanks for the suggestions.