cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I buy the plywood sheet...

Andruet
Guest Contributor

Where can I buy the plywood sheet material used in constructing Sea Ray bench sets and other helm seating structures? This is the stuff that is laminated with the paper-thin white material.

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

That material has not been located, but when I needed additional plywood for my boat I just used the good stuff from the big box home improvement store, applied several layers of epoxy, then appropriate paint and it has been holding up fine.

ngaydazng7
Guest Contributor
Georgia Pacific no longer make Marine grade plywood in fact no one still does. construction is the best you can get unless some one has a stockpile of marine grade. that stuff was awesome

tolatron
Guest Contributor
What about treated ply? That may still be available

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Coosa board is what everyone uses as coring material today if it is going to be laminated with fiberglass. Much stronger and is completely rot resistant. It is also not cheap.

RonB001
Guest Contributor
Not sure about yours, but my SunDeck uses a plastic material for the seat bases. It goes by the trade name Star Board.
The previous owner apparently had someone heavy jump down onto one of the front seats, and broke it all to pieces.
I was able to find the Star Board at an industrial plastics supplier, but it was several times the cost of marine plywood, so I used that instead.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
There are two solutions, buy the Formica and plywood and make it yourself or take the broken base to a countertop shop and have them make it. I chose the later and they came out perfect and at a great price. If you use regular exterior plywood, treat the exposed area with a deck sealer. I also trimmed mine with teak purchased from WestMarine. Looked better than factory.