cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Folks - Looking for recommendations...

Holt
Guest Contributor

Hello Folks - Looking for recommendations concerning A/C for my 1990 Sea Ray Express Cruiser. It is not a retrofit but a new installation as it was never equipped from the factory. Looking for recommendations re: manufactures, BTUs (I am thinking 10,000), as well as sources to purchase and prices others paid for said units. Just looking for the actual units, as I will source the install kit separately. I am in Windsor, Ontario, Canada so have pretty good acess to the US maket as well, so either US or Canadian sources work for me. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Holt
Guest Contributor
1990 Sea Ray 350 Express Cruiser.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
First thing you have to do is determine if you have any decent mounting space for it. The second thing you need to determine is if you have enough power to supply the unit. These things draw on average 15-18 amps on startup and 7-10 amps while running. Typically on a 30 amp shore cord application you will only see one AC unit as that leaves you 20 amps for the rest of the boat (stove, microwave, etc.) I highly recommend the dometic turbo units. A search on Dometics website will yield you with a distributor close to you. They run quieter and use less electricity over the rest of their line and competitors. Opt for the 16K btu unit. Boats are hard to cool and heat as the have minimal insulation compared to fixed structures.

greatscott
Guest Contributor
16000 btu is what you need ,it goes under bed in the space right in front .out going water hose goes to right ,in coming goes from builge up thru fire wall a long the floor locker were the shower pump is up to the unit .pump and thru hull w strainer go right in front of wall