cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1989 440 Convertible that...

Billo
Guest Contributor

I have a 1989 440 Convertible that I am fixing up.  Seems like I'm having to replace a lot.  It has the standard remote searchlight, and I would prefer to fix rather than replace.  I have checked all the wiring and was able to get the light to illuminate, but the motor which turns the light is not responding.  Short of replacing, has anyone found a glitch with these that can easily be fixed?  Is it possible to just replace the motor (I have not taken the light apart, so I'm not even sure if this is an option).  Also, the fuel sensors seem to not be functioning at the moment.  Could be loose wires, etc, but thought I would check to see if anyone else has already troubleshot such a problem and could same me some time.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
I have the big sister to your model(460 convertible). On the fuel sensors, the sending units in the tanks are junk. I have 2 out of 4 tanks reading after cleaning connections. On the searchlight, I am not sure which one you have, but with enough patience you can disassemble and repair anything. You just have to determine what your time is worth. Personally I would probably just use it as a reason to replace it with an LED light to reduce power consumption.