cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone,First post and new...

Tennesee_Mark
Guest Contributor

Hello everyone,

First post and new Sea Ray boat owner too.  2014 205 Sport that we're thrilled to have.  I noticed that the original buyer didn't purchase the depth finder and I would like to add it.  Any suggestion on how/where I can get the original gauge?

Also, I noticed that some of the aftermarket one's allow for the transducer to be mounted inside the hull, was wondering if the Sea Ray depth finder had the same option?

Thank you in advance for helping a newbie out!

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the Club.

Check w/ Sea Ray for transducer placement documentation. There should already be a spot in the engine room w/ a reinforced plate glassed into the hull.

If the Sea Ray depth gauge is preferred, then the dealership parts counter is the best option. The usual aftermarket parties don't appear to have that part.

Here is the matching depth gauge.
http://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/80/22/5478022_0_160920161146_60.jpg?t=1251134

Tennesee_Mark
Guest Contributor
Thank you very much, that picture will be helpful in making sure I get the right part.
When you mention checking w/Sea Ray for the transducer placement documentation, can you give me any idea who/how/where to look? If it's here on this site, I'll most certainly poke around and find it.

Thanks again!!

wingless
Rising Contributor
The local dealership might be able to provide the information.

Another owner w/ that boat and w/ the depth gauge could assist.

Or, contact Sea Ray to request the information.

http://www.searay.com/page.aspx/pageid/162277/Contact-Support.aspx

Tennesee_Mark
Guest Contributor
Great information, thanks again for your help

tony_d
Guest Contributor
I have the factory depth, air and water temp gauge from the factory. transducer is 2/3's back on hull. gauge is on far left. I have had trouble all 3 years I've owned the boat . bought new. ha dit serviced at colony marine every season . each time they could find nothing wrong. last season depth worked fine. I wouldn't check air or water temps as I was afraid it would go haywire and fail, buzz, and gauge give funning readouts. consider another brand.

Bugsy
Guest Contributor
Kawartha Paul
I have a 2014 205 sport. I've had the depth finder repaired 3 times and still didn't work for all of last year. Another marina recommended the on the hull (external) transducer and installed. It's worked great this year. Unfortunately there's no temperatures on this one.

Tennesee_Mark
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the tips and advice. I haven't purchased the parts yet but perhaps I'll give some real thought to going with an aftermarket unit as opposed to the Mercury Marine parts...