cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a brand new 2018 SPX 230...

NO_SWEAT
Guest Contributor

I have a brand new 2018 SPX 230 with a water sports tower and a Bimini top. Can you pull someone on a tube from the water sports tower with the Bimini open? Or do you need to close the back section of the Bimini when pulling a tube? I tried to use the traditional stainless hook in the center of the back of the boat which is a new style hook and had trouble keeping the rope attached. Anybody have any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

EricN
Guest Contributor
I have a 2016 SPX 190 with a water sports tower and the integrated bimini top. We routinely pull a tube from the tower and never close the Bimini. It works flawlessly. Using the hook on the aft of the boat just doesn't but it for tubing.

barryd1307
Guest Contributor
We have a 2018 SDX290 OB with the folding tower and Bimini top. We specifically chose this model for the folding tower and the ability to get the boat into our garage. I have discovered that a tube rope will rub on the Bimini top when attached to the tow hook. I have tried the attachment both ways: tube rope above the the Bimini and tube rope below the Bimini. In both cases, the tube rope rubs against the rear frame rail of the Bimini top. I was thinking about putting the rope through a short piece of PVC pipe or a "noodle" float to create a "roller" for the rope against the Bimini rail. I decided to go old fashioned and attach a tow bridle to the rear of the boat for towing. Should you find a solution, let us know. I kinda think this is a design flaw thats on the SeaRay folks.

KyleGT
Guest Contributor
Not a good idea to pull a tube from a tower in the first place.

NO_SWEAT
Guest Contributor
Here is a picture of the hook on the back of my boat. It appears the shape is different and it is difficult to keep the rope attached. Does anyone have this same hook? Any suggestions?

KyleGT
Guest Contributor
Thread the rope through the loop at the end of the rope and attach it that way. Then as it’s pulled, it tightens itself to the hook

KyleGT
Guest Contributor
Terrible drawing, but I hope it gets the point across