cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased 2010 Sport 205 recently....

MarkQ
Guest Contributor

I purchased 2010 Sport 205 recently.  The horn didn't work so I ordered a replacement. It sounds like buzzer more than a horn; is this for real?  The part number is the same as the original.  

10 REPLIES 10

mikeymix
Guest Contributor
funny, the horn on my 310 suddenly stopped working, i removed it and was going to order a new one, my brother said to try putting vineagar in it, i figured, why not, guess what, it worked, horn was completely dead, and now its working fine, i put it back in. Funny!

Bridog
Guest Contributor
Mark, the SeaRay duck fart horns are certainly for real. Even installed on the larger Sundancers. My 2006 300DA had one and I was embarrassed to use it so I replaced with air horns. The other SR owners site has many threads about it. My new boat has a different sounding horn than the previous years so maybe at some point they changed the OEM duck fart supplier. 😉

Mikeeh
Guest Contributor
Yeah, well I was going to replace mine with something more traditional sounding but then I thought, hey, you blow the horn to get someone's attention. The "duck fart" horn certainly does that.

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Yep it's working fine. You can get old style sound from ones sold by seirra marine available through NAPA. Wasn't an exact fit however

Captain_Ben
Guest Contributor
: That horn came with my 2002 245 Weekender that I bought in 2013. I purchased a replacement from West Marine along with a service replacement contract. We replaced the horn 6 times (at their expense) and my labor until I switched to a more traditional horn. That horn has been working just fine for about 3 years now.

gleblanc
Guest Contributor
Yup my 2003 220 Sundeck has same horn and I've replaced it once. More of a buzzer than an actual horn. Though you can hear it pretty far away.

MarkQ
Guest Contributor
Thanks for your insights. I guess I am a more traditional boater. It doesn't help that the first time I 'honked' the horn I was in any closed boat garage. I guess I will live with it for now.

El_Dentistador
Guest Contributor
I am a traditionalist also. I replaced my Jeopardy buzzer with a regular car horn type horn.

Bill2
Guest Contributor
When we bought our 2010 185 Sport, my kids thought the horn was a duck call.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The horns installed by the factory are audible when all is quiet and the person listening is near the horn grill.

One of my upgrades was to install a high-volume high-pressure air compressor, plus a set of cruise ship air horns and a tug boat whistle.

These are very useful after a fireworks finale or for gaining attention or alert.

http://vid101.photobucket.com/albums/m52/wingless-pics/Boat/Air/Air%20Horn%20Test.mp4

http://vid101.photobucket.com/albums/m52/wingless-pics/Boat/Air/Kahlenberg%20117%20A-V.mp4