Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to add a anchor wash down...

Chris-380
Guest Contributor

Wanting to add a anchor wash down to my 2000- 380 DA, 

Wingless

Any help on how you did this on your 380?

thanks in advance

chris 

4 REPLIES 4

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
@Paul Ferrara

dandjlester
Guest Contributor
Chris - on my 2000 - 380 AC I have an expandable hose from a tap on the aft deck next the ice maker. Works well.
Dave
Compromise

wingless
Rising Contributor
On my boat I added this flush mount hose coil storage, hanging down into the anchor locker, on the port side near the windlass foot switches. Note the detachable cover does not float, so I always clip the anchor safety cable onto the cover handle to limit the entertainment of others who would otherwise watch me jumping into the water to retrieve my sinking cover.

https://hosecoil.com/product/flush-mount-enclosure-w-15-hp-quality-hose/

The feed hose is routed along the starboard side, near the rub rail joint, along w/ all the OEM stuff. I used split loom along the length for chafe protection.

There is an ignition protected 12V pump mounted in the engine room on the starboard side, aft of the fuel tank, a raw water strainer mounted near the generator and an additional through hull / seacock near the existing three, making a square placement in that area. Note that the cored hull is very thick at that location, so a long through hull is required. I scooped out the coring, used filled epoxy and sealed the newly exposed fiberglass w/ epoxy.

The pump is wired to only have power when the windlass is enabled.

This was GREAT when I had an all chain rode to eliminate filling the anchor locker w/ bottom crud. I have never depleted the water reserve using this hose.

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
Thank you!