cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh water pump - stuck on! So...

Bobbyh
Guest Contributor

Fresh water pump - stuck on! So when I disconnected the water hose at the dock this weekend - I didn't realize the system was pressurized and as I unscrewed the hose water started to spurt out - I turned the fresh water pump off to disconnected the hose - however when i turned the water pump back on it stayed on even with all the faucets closed. Any advice on what to look for ? Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
According to this Shurflo pump manual things like air in the system, or the bypass pressure set too high can cause the pump to operate continuously.

https://www.pentair.com/content/dam/extranet/nam/shurflo/manuals/marine/911-1026.pdf

Bobbyh
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the link wingless. Looks like I need to lower the bypass pressure by turning the screw counter-clockwise. I'll give it a try this weekend when I get back down to the boat.

Bobbyh
Guest Contributor
Ended up being a bad water pressure regulator. This is part of the hose hook-up assembly on the stern. The original part has been discontinued but was able to install the new updated part. Still have a little work to do as the circumference of the housing is a little larger than the original so I need to enlarge the hole in the back slightly.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I am replacing mine as we speak and the new part is larger than the existing hole. Since I don't know an easy and clean way to enlarge the hole I am going to fab a spacer out of starboard to set it farther out and not mess with the existing hole. I haven't received the new part but I believe a 1/4-1/2 inch spacer should work.