cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to Sea Ray and my first...

DavidF1
Guest Contributor

I'm new to Sea Ray and my first SD.  The manuals don't address this so hoping fellow boaters can assist.with the head

I figured out that the vacuflush and water switches need to be on for it to have any hope of working.  What else besides those switches on the electrical panel are needed?  What does the key and related buttons in the head do besides show tank level?  Do any needed to be on to pump out.  FYI I do not have a a macerator  

Thank you

David

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

What model and year Sundancer was purchased?

wingless
Rising Contributor
NVM, see that it is a 2007 280DA.

Here is the Owner's Manual w/ wiring diagram. Page 40 of 44 has the head circuit breaker.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000UOG/_m_K73Lc5IlDzRksWLDfROaw5eUrAhTCsSsC18n3v_Q

My examination of that document did not show a fresh water pump. The boat has a 28 gallon fresh water tank and fresh water pump, even though I was unable to find that switch / breaker in the manual.

For proper head operation the HEAD SYSTEM and the fresh water pump must both be on.

The key and buttons likely exist for the optional (but not present) macerator.

For pump out, the head controls have zero effect and can be in any postiion.

DavidF1
Guest Contributor
The fresh water button is on the dash - hence why the manual really doesn't help. So my question for anyone is what am I using the key and buttons for?

wingless
Rising Contributor
The key and button is for the macerator that doesn't exist on your boat.

DavidF1
Guest Contributor
so besides show the tank level what else does the key do?

wingless
Rising Contributor
Why not post an image showing the panel and the text legends next to the controls?