cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microwave Oven. I have a 2003 Amberjack...

MrTracy
Guest Contributor

Microwave Oven. I have a 2003 Amberjack 290. I just can't figure out how to get the microwave oven out. There are two screws in the front at the bottom to hold a piece of wood trim in place. There are also two screws underneath close to the front that screw but do not come out???? I just can't figure this out. I need to change a micro switch to make the microwave work.

9 REPLIES 9

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, if the switch goes bad a new boat is required. The microwave went in when they laid the keel...

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/30/0/7883000_20210511121512555_1_LARGE.jpg

It is likely that the loose microwave is first screwed to a board, then that board screwed to the cabinet. It is also likely that there are two screws near the front, plus two additional screws within the cabinet.

MrTracy
Guest Contributor
The two screws that screw up from the bottom do not come out, they just turn

MrTracy
Guest Contributor
You know what, I didn't even pay attention to that little cabinet underneath with the accordion door... Bingo

MrTracy
Guest Contributor
ok, I got it out and it is TOAST! They don't make this model anymore. Does anyone know where i can get an exact fit replacement? I don't want to do any mods at this time.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Too bad on that device failure.

This one looks to be a close eyeball measurement.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Microwave-Small-Works-Alexa/dp/B07894S727/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=microwave+oven&qid=1621309055&sr=8-13

MrTracy
Guest Contributor
I actually ordered that one in Stainless steel

gsshelley
Guest Contributor
I have an Amberjack 29 and had to replace mine. There is no exact fit but I found one in black that was very close and just had to put some black weather strips to hold it firmly in place

gsshelley
Guest Contributor
By the way I had to replace my gas tanks in my 2005 Amberjack. Most everyone including Sea Ray did not have the right information but I do now know what is required. Just passing this along just in case.....

MrTracy
Guest Contributor
I had to cutout a new piece of wood which the microwave sits on. The feet on the new microwave had a different cutout. Aside from that, it fits well. This microwave is about 3/4 inch narrower but its not noticeable.