cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my amberjack 290, the ceiling...

DanS
Guest Contributor

On my amberjack 290, the ceiling panel pin fasteners don't hold.  Any suggestions how to fix is greatly appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
On my 2000 380DA those upholstered plywood ceiling panels are screwed at periodic locations around the perimeter.

The glued upholstery fabric is not glued at the screw locations, permitting the fabric to be pulled back for unscrewing the fasteners, then the fabric is tucked into the gap after the screws are installed.

It is possible to feel the oval head screw heads by pushing into the fabric padding.

DanS
Guest Contributor
Mine are plastic push pins that somehow snap together to the header. No screws.

wingless
Rising Contributor
When the Christmas tree fasteners deteriorate, then just replace those parts.

This kit has the part that is straight on both ends.

https://www.amazon.com/OTUAYAUTO-147PCS-Automotive-Christmas-Assortment/dp/B08MZCSPDM/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=christmas+tree+fastener&qid=1630205493&sr=8-9

Those straight parts are also available w/o a kit.

gsshelley
Guest Contributor
I have a 2005 29 Amberjack and dropped the ceiling a few times. there are plastic studs as you said but there are also 4 or more screws along the edge that you have to locate by feel. Or
go long the curved edge and dug a the upholstery. It will pull out where there is a screw. You may have to replace the scres for the next size up

DanS
Guest Contributor
thanks for all the tips!