cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 270 SDX waste seacock

Dave10
Guest Contributor

Hi folks, I have a 2018 270 SDX OB. While I don’t intend to dump waste, I would like to understand the system. I also want to make sure it’s secured as per USCG regs. I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find the seacock. I thought it was supposed to be in the aft port ski locker. Can anyone help with the location? Thanks, Dave

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

Here is the Owner's Manual for your 2018 270SDX.

According to page 21 the seacock is within the ski locker hatch floor. It is possible / likely for the seacock to be fully covered by a floor panel that must first be fully removed, after the locker is emptied.

2018 270SDX Macerator Seacock.jpg

WRT to regulations, the discharge must be inhibited. On my 2000 380DA I close the seacock and remove the handle. Others use nylon wire ties or padlocks.

The regulations say this: While operating a vessel in an EPA designated no discharge zone, flow-through devices are only permitted if adequately secured to prevent discharges of all treated and untreated sewage. For example, closing the seacock and padlocking, using a non-releasable wire tie, or removing the seacock handle are considered to be sufficient in most cases. For short voyages, locking the door to the head with a padlock or a door handle key lock is another acceptable method. For vessels that routinely operate in no discharge zones a Type III MSD is recommended. For more information see 33 CFR 159.7 and 40 CFR Part 140.

Dave10
Guest Contributor

Thanks - maybe I’m being dense but I saw this in the manual and the drawn location seems to be under the helm, nowhere near the ski locker. I guess I’ll have to start unscrewing panels but I would have thought it would be in a reasonably accessible location.

wingless
Rising Contributor

The online images show a long central ski locker, aligning w/ the Vacuflush vacuum generator shown in the manual line drawing.

Can the base / sides for that ski locker be removed to expose the vacuum generator / waste tank / macerator seacock?

Dave10
Guest Contributor

I’ll give that a try - thank you for the suggestion.