cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’d like to reupholster the front...

DJH
Guest Contributor

I’d like to reupholster the front birth of my 2009 31 Sundancer. In addition to reupholstering the side bolsters and the mattress, I would like to upgrade the quality of the mattress, but the thickness is limited by the side bolsters it slips under when in place. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get a new/upgraded mattress?

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
Why not just decrease the mattress dimensions so that it butts up to the side bolsters instead of fitting under the bolsters?

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Try this company, they will make any custom mattress.

https://www.custommattressfactory.com/custom-size-mattress?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtMCKBhDAARIsAG-2Eu-iypTJiX_8cxGUfvRyXsWH9uNWd1rrZgqlDrWqgKC9sxlkEsOMaBUaAuePEALw_wcB

old_timer
Guest Contributor
I added a 4”foam insert to my 2012 310 dancer. I made a template, gave it to my local canvass/upholstery guy and he cut it out of 4” stuff. It goes up to the bolsters, and stays fine. I had hinges at the locations where the flip up back rest, and where access to the stereo are needed. It works fine. I could have done it in any of the thicknesses the upholster guy had access to, but in my mind, 1” or 2” would not have done the job, and generally thicker is better, I’m over 6’ and 230lbs. We leave it set up all the time because we never used the v berth table we did use the little setee table, which we still can use. Wifey and I love it, it feels like a real bed. All told, probably spent $600.

MV_Second_Wind
Guest Contributor
We are in Tacoma, WA & we used an upholsterer who took the old cushions as a template used high end foam and covered with material we picked out. Not cheap but excellent job. About $1,700.

Hair
Guest Contributor
Try Handcraft Mattress Company in Ft. Lauderdale. They are the original supplier for Sea Ray. We just had a 9" made for our 01 460 Dancer and we love it.

B_Smith
Guest Contributor
HMC Handcraft Custom Bedding (800) 241-7751
www.boatbeds.com 1602 N.W. 23rd Ave. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311

They most likely made the original and can offer an upgrade to the mattress. They also have sheets and mattress pads and can create a custom bedspread.

Hotrod
Guest Contributor
Yachtbedding.com in San Diego. They have it all.