cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a (New to Me) 2017 SDX 220...

mmmoore
Guest Contributor

I have a (New to Me) 2017 SDX 220 and was wondering if anyone knows if Sea Ray pre wires their boats for all options in the factory, even if they are not installed.  For example: the boat currently does not have docking lights installed but would there be wiring installed from the console to the light location for this?  In this case would I just need to buy the actual lights and dashboard switch?

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

According to the wiring diagram (page 30/40) in the linked Owner's Manual for that boat there are port and a starboard connectors for those docking lights already included in the boat.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/440000000bTv/weJavRgGzOkoOkm4YFXMGFQWKXPMlW2IA4SPSGxs9gM

PJS
Guest Contributor
Yes, they do, and as Wingless indicated, there are typically two switches oat the helm for axillary components that are wired to the different ECM's. You would need to run from the ECM to the device you wish to add. I did this for several added components that I wanted switched at the helm. The electrical wiring diagram for your boat model/yr can be located in your owners manual of online.

mmmoore
Guest Contributor
Where is the ECM located?

PJS
Guest Contributor
Apologies, you will find the helm auxiliary switch termination points at the "EIM" NOT the "ECM" (ECM is engine related). The EIM is the electric interface module or block. There are two. One under the helm (access through the panel under the steering wheel) and one on the engine compartment bulkhead. Not certain how they are labeled. You can locate by doing a continuity test on each circuit from the switch to the termination point or you may get lucky and they will be labeled to identify as auxiliary.