cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Vitrtfrigo refrigerator on my...

CRJ1
Guest Contributor

My Vitrtfrigo refrigerator on my 2001 380DA no longer works (See Model info attached). Wondering if others with similar boats have been through the refrigerator replacement saga. I did pull the refrigerator out to inspect for anything obvious (wiring, etc.) but could not find any issues. The refrigerator interior light illuminates when either AC or DC breakers are turned on and I can hear a slight fan noise with power applied, but no compressor/cooling. I did notice that the rear upper/left corner of the refrigerator had obviously been modified (compacted by a couple of inches) so it would fit in the enclosure. There is a restriction - angled portion of the enclosure box caused by the cockpit bulkhead (forgot to take a picture when I had it out). The refrigerator has worked okay for the four years I have owned the boat, even though I noticed last year that I needed to turn the thermostat down lower to freeze/cool. Looking for any replacement recommendations and/or lessons learned. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
This topic shows the repair of my refrigerator, including the diagnosis of the Danfoss controller.

The first step should be to add an LED w/ series resistor to determine what fault code(s) exist.

Mine ended up being a bad controller.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f115/wingless-danfoss-bd50f-101n0500-refrigerator-problems-218711.html

CRJ1
Guest Contributor
Wingless - thanks for the information and the link. I had an AC&R tech take a look and he found that the refrigerator had no Freon - so he replaced the schrader valve and charged the system. Frig has worked (and cooled) better than ever for the past week. Will continue to track and repost if problem reappears.