cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone have any tips on how to...

fire4161
Guest Contributor

anyone have any tips on how to use the pulley system on the cover for a 270 SDX. No matter how tight i pull the cord, water continues to collect on the canvas. Thanks in advance for any tips on how to eliminate this problem

19 REPLIES 19

jgumpert27
Guest Contributor
The pulley only lifts front section of the rear canvas, make sure the “T” shaped pole in by the rear bench and applying pressure to keep that area raised, otherwise water will collect over the rear bench.

fire4161
Guest Contributor
I feel like an idiot. My searay dealer told me the T shape bar goes in the front. I thought something was wrong having two bars in the Bow section. Thanks so much

jgumpert27
Guest Contributor
We do have two vertical poles for the front, then the T shape in the rear. Maybe it was made to go the other way, but doing it that way has worked well for us!

greg182t
Guest Contributor
The T goes in front. There are two in the front. The cover does not come with a pole for the rear. There is no snap for it either. I have the same problem. It needs another pole and snap for it.

swarren1
Guest Contributor
My 2018 27sdx has 2 supports in the bow (1straight and 1 T shaped) and two supports toward the stern (both straight) along with the center pulley. The T shaped support has a adjustment srew to adjust the support tension.

jgumpert27
Guest Contributor
Odd, I wonder if they have different people making canvas- I have two vertical in the bow, and 1 t / pulley in back.

I have the water sports tower and infinity carpet if that makes any difference?

jgumpert27
Guest Contributor
My T doesn’t have a snap on it- the two vertical ones have snaps. The rear infront of the bench has a patch with no snap in it that aligns with the T shaped pole.

Anyways, putting the T in the back keeps any water from pooling over the wall through/ battery compartment areas

greg182t
Guest Contributor
Mine does not have any polls in the back of the boat, only the pulley. Two poles in the bow. I think it truly needs at least two holes in the back in addition to the pulley

fire4161
Guest Contributor
I have two straight that have snaps on them. The T does not. I will try putting the T in the stern and see what happens. In all respect I think the system stinks and has to be addressed. That pulley doesn't look like it will last that long

greg182t
Guest Contributor
I agree, the pulley system really is not adequate. I had standing water on the Stern area of my cover the first time it rained. Their fix was to tighten the fit of the cover. Even making the cover as tight as possible, the pulley system still does not prevent water from pooling at the back of the boat. Also, when you pull hard on the pulley it puts additional Stress on the cover where the rear ski pole goes through the cover. I can see that it will eventually tear or rip in that area. There are simply too much pressure on it with the pulley tugging on the top cover.

swarren1
Guest Contributor
My T shaped support and my straight support for the bow both have snaps on them which connect to the canvas. The two rear supports connect through holes in the canvas. All works well. My boat was built late 2018 maybe they corrected the problem.

greg182t
Guest Contributor
Swarren1,

Would you be willing to send me photos of the two rear supports? My boat was built in 2019 and does not have any supports on the rear canvas. It only has the pulley system.

swarren1
Guest Contributor
will do

Surf_City_Manat
Guest Contributor
Same- please post a picture of the rear supports. My rear port-side corner sags and collects a stew of rain and bird poop that stains the black canvas red.
For the front, instead of the straight support, I open the bow hatch. It airs out the hatch and supports the bow canvas really well.

swarren1
Guest Contributor
here is the picture

swarren1
Guest Contributor
one more

greg182t
Guest Contributor
Thank you.

greg182t
Guest Contributor
Thank you. The cover really needs two poles in the rear or a pole with a T on it.

swarren1
Guest Contributor
The only issue I had with the canvas was one of the snaps on the canvas didnt line up with the backing on the boat. I took it to a local canvas shop who added a snap in the correct spot. The guy told me boat companies use multiple canvas making companies and he often sees this problem.